Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lucky 2013

 (echo) ello...eloo ooh..


That echoing sound, my friends was for my lack of postings last year. Yes. I did say I was going to get better & I pinky promise this year is my year of actual blogging.

Sooo with that being said... I decided to change my blog name from: "Just Jenni" to "Real Talk Nuggets" why you ask? Hmm.. Well for one...I over use the term "real talk" when I want to let my friends know that I am being 100% transparent about something.

For example: "Dude, real talk? I really am not feeling (insert guy's name) at alllll......"


This just lets my friends know... I am being 100% real with them. So I added the word nuggets because  it's a short and sweet noun.. So my real talk rants...will (maybe not alll the time) be short and sweet..like a little nug!

Now...let's get started.

Last year was...umm..let's say....interesting. I "found" who I really am. I mean don't get me wrong, I wasn't hiding under my bed or anything. I just had no earthly idea where I wanted my life to go. I know  most of you have heard the ridiculously over used ( & my very fave) term --- YOLO. Yeah yeah...it means "You only live once" & people use it in life making decisions like when jumping out of a plane not knowing if that string to pop your parachute will go off or not. But to me, it was less dramatic & just served as a map legend when I got bit by the "travel bug"

I booked tickets & packed my bags not giving a care in the world how much was in my bank account or what I would do when I arrived at my destination. I traveled to: Honduras, Mexico, Nashville, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Midland & Louisiana...& all for the sake of doing it because I said so :)

I saw friends I hadn't seen in 16 years:



helped feed 300 kids on the streets of Honduras:


built a home for a family in need:





drove 12 hours with my friend Dee to two-step and drink whiskey in Nashville:



& got to sing praise & worship songs at the top of my lungs at the Georgia Dome with 60,000 other people!  




Needless to say 2012 was a year that I got to take the wheel and head in whatever direction I wanted.

Which led me to where I am now....



But I guess we can get to that on the next blog right?  I mean, I gotta keep ya'll on your toes!
xoxo
Jenni










No comments:

Post a Comment