Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"The Beauty of Who You Are"


I know..I know... I did say that I was going to be better at this blogging thing. But if you knew how crazy my work life is you would know that the last thing I want to do is open my computer when I get home.

So I'm sure not many of you know who Marc Broussard is. But he is like in my top 3 artists ever. His music is unexplainable, it comes from the soul and it's so different from anything you will ever hear and that's why I love it so much..because you rarely see that anymore. I've never been the type to like what the rest of the crowd likes. If my friends all like Backstreet Boys, I liked N'Sync. If they were all into Justin Timberlake, I was all into JC. I think that has always been me. I wanted to do the opposite of everyone. Not just to be a brat, but because I knew that I didn't want to follow something I didn't want to do.

These last few months have been insane. I have NO real plan on what life has for me at all. And yes, I freak out on a daily basis thinking what the heck I'm doing and where it's taking me. But what good does that do? So i decided to do things I wanted to do and not what people want me to. So...with that said, I am flying out to Honduras for a week with my church to build a house and establish a feeding program for the families that live in the mountains :)  You can't take the smile from my face..I'm THAT excited. This is what I live for...helping others gives me this incredible high that can't be described.


On another note, I've always wanted to have a pet of my own...I mean who doesn't want a little furry pal that licks your feet when you're sleeping or wakes you up licking your face. I mean, I KNOW it's not all fairy tale like that and instead of waking up to the licking you wake up to the smell of pee or to the lovely furry pal barking begging to be let outside. But as bad as a scenario as I've put in my head 10 x...I really feel I'm ready! And thanks to my friend Sarah...I have a new puppy in two weeks! More to come as the time gets near!

Sontera's birthday was such a breath of fresh air this year! We went to this photo booth in Montrose and had this photographer take pics of us. We all got glammed up and it was nice to feel like a million bucks. 
Here's a few pics...enjoy :)




I'm so lucky. For everything. Not just my super awesome (and can I add gorgeous friends) but for even the little bumpy roads that God puts in front of me. I'm slowly learning...they are always for a reason.

So here's (pretend I'm holding a glass of wine) to a very bumpy but interesting road. I can't wait to reach the fun :)

xoxo Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment