Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 - the show always goes on!

Recap of the last few months..

January: To begin the new year, my relationship of almost 5 years came to a surprising halt. There's nobody to blame for this. The feelings that are suppose to be there after this many years of dating, just weren't there. And as much as it sucks, you gotta do what you gotta do. I know that if God brings me to something..it's always for a reason. Which, brings me to my relationship with God. I was invited to go to a young adults Bible Study w Jordan. I haven't missed a day and I've learned alot. 

February: To clear my mind from the previous months events..I had a lot of "me" moments. For one,  I moved out of my mom's house that I occupied for a year after college. Moving on my own (well..kinda i do have a roomie) was just what I needed during this time. Having my first Valentine's day as a single lady (cue the Beyonce obnoxious song..) wasn't as bad as I thought. Let's just say..I had a terrible headache the day after...
                                                                    My new home :)

March: I started this month by promising myself, that now that I don't have any "attachments" I was going to travel and see places and friends I had not seen in years. My first stop was Audrey. I met Audrey during college and we had some incredible times to say the least! She moved to Midland/Odessa after she landed a job as an anchor for a TV station there (yes, my friends are THAT talented) My trip started off on the wrong foot. I got stuck at the airport in Houston for 5 hours due to the terrible weather. I was suppose to get to Midland at 7..but I ended up not getting there till 11. That did not stop us one bit. We ended up dancing the night away at Rockin Rodeo, a small down to earth bar. The next day we had brunch, went shopping and then went out that night with her friends. The last night I was there, her friends took us to the shooting range and...... I SHOT MY FIRST GUN!!! It was a total rush..and yes I feel like a total bad ass now..so don't mess w me! Needless to say, my first trip of the year was just what I needed!!

Reunited after so many years!
bang bang 

April: This month just began, but it already feels like a winner :) To start it off, my friend Jordan landed me a gig for a commercial. How cool is that? Before you think you're going to be looking for me in the regular channels you watch.. did I mention I had to do it in Spanish? Yep, en espanol and in 4 different cities in Texas! After almost 5 hours...I crossed one thing off my bucket list. As soon as I get the link, I'll post it on here ;) I also, went to Austin to visit my old roomie and her hubs and went to this horrible event called Beer Fest. Audi came down from Odessa so the company was awesome. The even just sucked. Overall it was a great weekend. A commercial shoot & a weekend getaway with some of my favorite girls. Next week...I'm flying out to Oklahoma to see my old roomie Staci!!! (told you this month had a lot in store!)

my commercial shoot ;)
love my shaylo
beer me. such a lame event.
my sweet sweet friends


And that's my 2012 so far in a nutshell..crazy ride no? I believe in my lover John Mayer's lyric "I believe my life's gonna see..the love I give...return to me" Ready my weekend in OU land...I'll be thinking of my dad while I make him smile from up above as I wear his Alma Mater! Ciao my friends!

xoxo
Jenni




No comments:

Post a Comment