Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Thanks..Gracias..Danke.."



It is a new year!! 2011! That's nuts just seing it! Started off the year off with great friends, fireworks, a campfire and nonstop laughter. Definitely, a ,great start to the new year! I have realized I have been blessed with tremendous amounts of things...and I'm taking even bad situations and making them good. I couldn't figure out what my new year's resolution was going to be..but that one..i think is the winner...who needs a diet? ;)


Here are a few things I'm thankful for that I didn't realize before...


  • for the chunk of money in taxes I pay in every paycheck..(because I have a job in this crazy economy)

  • for the alarm that goes off every morning...(because it means I've been given another day to live)

  • for my student loans that i've just started re-paying (because it means I was able to achieve my goal and gradute)

  • for the stack of laundry patiently waiting for me to wash..(because I'm lucky enough to have clothes to put on my back)

  • for complaining about eating my mother's lasagna when i hate lasagna...(because I am so very thankful to have a caring mother who cooks for me)

  • for the weird noise my car makes when I go over 75 MPH..(because I have a car that takes me from point A to point B)


Just a few things I do everyday that I may complain about but have realized...they're little blessings in disguise..


Oprah Winfrey once said.. "If you're thankful for what you have...you'll end up having more. If you concentrate in what you don't have..you will never ever have enough."


And with that...I have a little something to say to you 2011 - BRING IT ON!! :)



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment