Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life in the "real world"

Its crazy to think that just six months ago, I was living in a complete different world. For one, living alone was much more liberating...not saying that it's terrible living at home..but it has definitley been a terrorist attack on my social life. But I guess it's called growing up. You eventually have to take the huge leap from partying till 3 AM to waking up at 6 AM for work. 2010 has definitley been my year. Although, I may not have agreed with that statement last month when I was job hunting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...I can say it now! And i'm truly blessed to be where I am today. I surround myself mostly by people who make me smile and keep me positive when i'm headed to 'negative-town' & i'm healthy..what else can I ask for? I decided to start this blog for a reason and a half.. (if that makes any sense..) I want to begin looking at the positive side of my days...even when I've had a stressful day..I want to come back and read the little things that made that day worthwhile!
A little example would be..yesterday 07/07/10 was my first day at my new job..the traffic on my way home was outrageous! I had been at work 10 hours and with a 2 hour drive home I was ready to pull my hair out! But I called my brother, my boyfriend, my dad and my good friend..talking to them made my horrible ride home...tolerable!
Like Robert Earl Keen said, "It's the little things.. the little bitty things"

No comments:

Post a Comment